20 BENEFITS Of Being A Medical Transcriptionist
by Cynthia Peavler Bull, “Cynrje”
Adapted Excerpt from
HOW TO BE A MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST: A Beginner’s Guide to
Real Facts and Inside Secrets that Lead to a Successful Career©
For some folks whether or not to be a medical transcriptionist is a no-brainer. Aside from any special training and required technical skills, who wouldn't consider it as a career choice?
Think about it. The benefits just aren’t that hard to swallow. Let’s see...
- You like words and are good with words – definitely an asset.
- You like to type and are good at typing – definitely an asset.
- You like working with a computer – in today’s world a necessity.
- You like challenges – plenty on a daily basis.
- You can learn medical transcription from home or an on-site facility.
- You have an option to work from home or in an office.
- You can work alone or with others – often your choice.
- You can work for one or several employers at a time.
- You have a choice of being an independent contractor, working for a medical center, or a public or private facility.
- You can often set your own hours, which means having a choice to be with your family more and not miss out on important times together.
- You like to network with others, whether working solo or in a group.
- You're interested in medicine and like the idea of being on the inside of the latest medical breakthroughs.
- You get to use the latest technology.
- You work with other professionals.
- You can become an “expert” in a subspecialty.
- The pay is competitive in today’s market.
- You can often get company benefits.
- You can get bonuses – if you're really good!
- There is a need for GOOD transcriptionists.
- YOU CAN BE YOUR OWN BOSS!
These are a few of the benefits and you may know of others. But the above are pretty hard to beat! Wouldn’t you agree?
I mean, let’s face it. If you have any interest in medicine, like to type and can place a check mark by most of the items above, then who in their right mind wouldn’t consider medical transcription as a career with these pluses?
There are just too many good reasons not to include this option in your thinking.
© 2004 Cynthia Peavler Bull. All rights reserved.
This modified excerpt, book ISBN 0-9758530-0-7, may NOT be reprinted without express written author consent. Contact Cynrje at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit CYN-R-JE Consultants, LLC™ at www.cynrje.com for your writing, editing and transcription needs and our complete menu of products and services. To order your downloadable MT ebook. CLICK HERE